Our Mission: Concept and Highlights of the online EAC 2020
EAC 2020 has transformed into an online conference and it will be held in the same time frame as planned, so from August 31 to September 4. The first ever online EAC will remain the premier European conference for scientific discussions and exchange of the aerosol community, spanning the whole breadth of aerosol research as covered by the working groups. You can look forward to an intense week of scientific exchange and discussions!
Will the online EAC be just another video-conference?
We have put a lot of effort into taking the typical EAC atmosphere into the virtual space. The scientific part of the first online EAC will be based on a well-thought-out concept.
- Plenaries: Every day one of our five plenary speakers will present in the established format to kick off the conference day. They will present live online, followed by questions via chat.
- Scientific program: It is organized in a total of 65 sessions that run in parallel very much like at traditional in-person conferences. In order to manage this virtually, conference attendees can view the presentation of interest as recordings prior to the sessions. During conference hours, attendees can then select their topics of interest and enter the corresponding virtual conference room for live discussions.
- Interactive poster session: This equal part of the technical program gives you a chance to view and download poster presentations as PDF’s. Presenters can also pitch their work in a separate 3-min video. During poster sessions, attendees can enter the corresponding virtual room for live discussions with the poster presenters.
- Award ceremonies: All prizes will be presented virtually to this year’s recipients and their achievements will be recognized in front of all attendees online.
- Exhibition: We have chosen an interactive digital trade show platform to provide a unique virtual experience. It will allow you to visit the booths during exhibit hours, learn about the latest innovations, pick up literature and engage with company representatives.
Will I be able to meet my colleagues and friends?
Yes, as this is an essential component of every European Aerosol Conference that must not be skipped! We have chosen some real novel opportunities for meeting people online.
- Ice Breaker: We will host a virtual Ice Breaker to kick off the conference on Sunday. You can chat or have a beer with other attendees, which unfortunately you will need to provide yourself (but we can make a recommendation on what you would have had in Aachen).
- Young Investigators’ Network (YIN) event: The YIN committee has prepared a program for young researchers at an exciting new virtual meeting place for Tuesday.
- Panel discussion: Instead of our conference dinner at Aachen’s coronation hall, we will have a live panel discussion on “Aerosol expertise and Covid-19” on Thursday evening.
- The networking space will provide means to discuss research or projects and catch up with colleagues throughout the EAC2020 week.
- Visit our “Omissions” section for activities that have to be postponed until your next visit to Aachen.
Will I be able to see and experience new solutions and services from companies?
Yes, but be prepared for a completely new experience! There will be a virtual exhibition hall and our sponsors will show what they offer to the aerosol community at their virtual booths. This will include videos, product highlights and a lot of information material to take home. You will also have the opportunity to get into direct contact with company representatives. Some exhibitors have even prepared webinars and live demos of their instruments.
Can I already register for the conference?
Yes, and registration is open now! Please click here to register. Note that early registration is helpful for our planning and making final decisions on last features to be added.
The organizing committee is very excited about the first online European Aerosol Conference and is very much looking forward to meeting you in this completely new way online!